Ever since I started thinking about moving out of Las Vegas, I have been making mental notes of my life "bucket list" in whatever new city I would land in. For instance, a couple of things that I want to do in Tucson:
2. Go to the farmer's market
3. See more concerts in smaller venues (very college-esque)
4. Take a class at the community college (photography, photoshop, pottery....)
5. Eat at the locally/independently owned restaurants - Tucson has an awesome site for this: www.TucsonOriginals.com
6. Learn to cook - cook more - try different recipes
Anyhow - so far, we have been doing pretty well on knocking a few things off my list. Last Sunday we checked out the Tucson Farmer's Market, and even bought some yummy goodies, we love to eat out...and have been making a concerted effort to not eat at silly chain restaurants that I had in Vegas, on the other hand, we have also been really good about cooking at the house during the week. Brad 'humors' me and turns the cooking over to me a few nights, and then humors me even more when he says it is tasty.
Yesterday, I went hiking through Sabino Canyon. This particular canyon is only about 3 miles from where I work. I went by myself because Brad was working on a paper all day.
What was supposed to be a 1-2 hour hike turned into a 2.5 hour adventure of me not always knowing where I was headed. It was a perfect day, and a great way to get out and get some fresh air.
My favorite cactus! - the Saguaro Cactus
The only way to get started on my hike was to wade through this .... this is run-off water from the snow at the top of the mountain. It was coooooooooold!
Keaton at Four Months
2 weeks ago