6.06.2007

Quick update...and I mean quick

I don't have time to do this....but I have been at work since 7:30, and don't plan on going anywhere for lunch, so i think a 10 minute break to post a blog should be alright.

Life has been, for the most part, pretty great (I will explain the 'for the most part' in a second).

Work has really been kicking my butt lately...which is good. I am taking on a lot more account executive responsibilities, meaning more ownership of projects, more client interaction, and more pressure :) However, it also makes the day a lot more enjoyable...i can leave at the end of the day and feel very accomplished...kind of a personal/professional satisfaction feeling. I also had got a great hit for one of MY clients last week, and have been recognized and praised both from the client and our partner in Salt Lake on my work for it - which is very encouraging.

My step sister is getting married this weekend in St. Simons Island, Georgia...and i am SO excited for it....i love getting out of town for the weekend, and we are staying on right on the beach. Although, i just checked the weather and i think it is supposed to rain all weekend, boo to that.

Got a pedicure last night....the lady took the liberty to cut my toe nails really short without my permission, and not 5 minutes after i left the place did i smudge the polish on the gas pedal in my car. Did i mention that i also broke the heel of my shoe yesterday as well? yeah..just my luck. whatever, no use crying over spilled lemonade.

And perhaps what is VERY exciting news...my 'sister' Blaney is back in town for the summer...and i am so excited to see her soooooon.

Now for the sad news. A family friend from El Dorado has passed away. Charlie was in Prague for just a couple of weeks studying abroad when he was found unconcious and unresponsive in his room. Charlie's family has gone through a lot in the past year - losing their mother pretty much unexpectedly to cancer....anyhow...his whole family is pretty close to my family (dad and mom's side)...and Charlie was a groomsman in my step-brother's wedding...so his loss has affected a lot of people. Not to mention he made going to the Mad Hatter that much better with just a mere hug ;)

http://www.legacy.com/Kansas/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=88712735

Remember, life is short...never pass up an opportunity to tell someone how much they mean to you.

No comments: