10.20.2009

L.A. - Family Weekend

A couple of weeks ago, B mentioned that he wanted a vacation away from school. LA is one of his (and consequently now one of my) favorite getaway spots...so when both of us want to get away for a 'cheap' weekend, that is where we land. His sister and her boyfriend also live there, so that is a nice perk. The weekend that we were looking at was also Steve's birthday. So I hi-jacked B's plans of a weekend getaway and invited my parents. The weekend's events were all a surprise to Steve - which was fun, and slightly stressful :)

B was such a trooper and we were really able to treat my parents like VIPs in LA. B got an awesome deal at the Intercontinental for the weekend, and set up a complimentary dinner at THE GETTY for Saturday night. His aunt used to be the executive chef there, and she is still able to take really good care of her family for a few meals here and there.

Let's just say that it wasn't just 'order what you want' kind of dinner. It was an 'order what you want and we will pair EVERYTHING with a glass of wine" kind of dinner. We had 7 glasses of different wines/champagnes. It was amazing and my parents were so so grateful and excited about the experience. As was I...B has talked about going to The Getty for the past two years we have been together, but this was the first chance we got to go.

I have more photos of The Getty, but I think that deserves its own post...

At the beach

The one thing (ok, probably one of many) I can do to annoy B is to ask someone to take our photo. He HATES having his picture taken. However, I have learned that if I wait for him to have 2 beers, he is MUCH more agreeable. After two beers...look how happy he is!

Mama C and B 'looking for crabs.' Instead, they found an octopus. Ya, I don't believe them either, but they both swear by it.

2 comments:

Christina and Bob said...

That picture after two beers is amazing! For real, It was hard to get a good picture of the both of you when you were down. Good job :)

Rachel said...

You look so pretty Jess! And its good to see your fam--I miss them! Good work with the new camera--what did you get?