10.25.2009

I have awesome friends..continued....

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that Rachel is ONE of my greatest BSC friends. In NO way, would I ever DREAM of ranking my friends. Silly...

Rachel got her own post because she stinkin' spent time designing my blog - and I was ever so grateful.

This is my friend Courtney. We are in Ireland in this photo.
Here are the top 5 reasons that I love Courtney (notice, it is only the TOP 5, it isn't the ONLY 5, ahem).
1. Courtney is my cerebrum (yes I had to look that up) My long-term memory is almost non-existent. For what I lack in long-term memory, Courtney makes up for me ten fold. Courtney remembers EVERYthing - and what is pretty amazing is that not only does she remember everything in her own life, but she helps me to remember everything from MY high-school years as well. There are many times when someone will be talking about a story from high school, and I will have to turn to Courtney and ask her if I was there. Its awesome.
2. She is a great traveling buddy. We planned a Europe extravaganza after college graduation, and it was fabulous. (yes, I do remember how fabulous it was, thank you)
3. She loves photography and takes awesome pictures of her nephews that I stalk on facebook and her sister's blog.
4. She makes the best gooey bars in the world.
5. She is very very sincere and genuine. And perhaps those are the most fabulous qualities that you can have in a friend....

This is my friend Stina, here we are, after enjoying a fabulous dessert at a restaurant in Siena, Italy.
Top 5 reasons I love Christina -
1. Even though we went to high school together, we didn't start really hanging out until college. I can remember (shockingly) running into Christina at the dorm when I moved in freshman year, and I can distinctly remember the sense of relief I had after seeing a familiar face in a very very overwhelming environment.
2. I would like to give myself credit for getting Christina drunk for the first time in her life. Oh smirnoff ice, you were so good to us.
3. Christina is VERY tall and lets us call her Godzilla. She also introduced me to my Mint M&M obsession over the holidays. Ok, those are unrelated....
4. She was so generous to Brad and me when we went to visit her and Bob in Cayman. She was such a great tour guide, and gave us the best vacation experience two people could ask for.
5. I think that I changed the most during my college years, and Christina was there by my side the whole time. She always makes me laugh, and I love her dearly.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

So funny!

I love it. Courtney's gooey bars are even better, now that she knows what confectioners sugar is. And Stina sent me a Beer Cookbook from the Caymans for designing her blog! That's love.

Christina and Bob said...

That was SOOO nice to see. You made my week :) I feel so honored to be one of you good friends.

I second the Courtney is the cerebrum of the BSC. She does remember everything.

We have a new apartment you can come stay in. You are always welcome.

courtney said...

This has go to be, hands down, the best blog post ever. At least that I've ever read.

I am happy to be the keeper of the memories, since I really have no choice. They just won't exit my head.

I'm also happy to be the maker of the gooey bars. I have some friends here in STL who think they are too sweet, which I find ridiculous. Like there is such a thing as too sweet!

I'm also very happy to be your friend. Let's leave the country again. The sooner the better.

(One more thing: We are at the ocean in that pic [the other side of the Atlantic], that's why my hair looks swirly.)

Melissa said...

Jessi you can be my friend on FB and on the Blog so you don't have to "stalk" my cute kids. :) Rachel designed my blog too! Isn't it lovely! She really should charge for it!

Christina and Bob said...

That was the dinner where I cried for no real reason. I think it was exhaustion induced.

Christina and Bob said...

That was the dinner where I cried for no real reason. I think it was exhaustion induced.