7.09.2007

Ali's Bday celebration(s)... allll three of them

This a blog dedicated to Ali's birthday celebration(s)....I guess when you share your bday with a country, you are entitled to celebrate it three times, right Ali? i loved every moment of it, so i am not complaining. Not to mention she pretty much threw me the most surprising surprise bday party for me - so i think three celebrations would be the least i could do....here is recap.

Celebration #1

It started with a baseball game. We went to the 51s game on Tuesday night (here birthday eve)...and it was a lot A LOT of fun. There were 14 of us...and a combination of 118 degree heat with a few too many overpriced beers equalled a great time for all. We stayed til the end of the game...but only for the fireworks, and they were definitely worth it!

After the game, Ali and I (and Billy and Brett) headed to Fremont Street - where all classy Las Vegans go for a night on the town...and there is no better place to be classy than Hogs and Heiffers. duh.

Ok, so supposedly i like country dancing so much that i am willing to do it with anyone that can keep up. Not sure how i even met this chap...Pretty sure he was old enough to be my grandpa - whatever, he could keep up, and that was all that mattered.

And here is a close up of my dancing partner....this pic will make mama proud for sure.





HAHAHA - so my dance moves were SO good, that he even gave me a thumbs up. This picture does make me proud, though, because i am drinking water. i am so responsible :)

And then, i finally nabbed a dance partner that was more my age....although, his moves weren't quite as stellar, Billy did alright for a beginner.

Celebration #2

Wednesday i somehow managed to trick Ali into thinking that i was going to spend the day with my parents....but to her surprise, spent the day with her and our friends at April's pool. It was a loooooong and hot day, full of snacking, volleyball, sitting around, laughing, watching Joel make a spectacle of himself, flippy cup, and fireworks. Can't complain - it was just what a day off work should be....and going to work on Thursday was NOT fun...but i did it anyway.

Celebration #3

Saturday night we went to Cherry at Red Rock. Jeff got a table, Rusty improved his dance moves, Joel kept his shirt on (for the most part), Alison should have worn a turtle neck, April got a 70 year old to dance on the pole, Angie left early due to consumption, and Peter left early to play black jack. The night ended with some sub-par Fat Burger, and I finally got home around 4 in the morning. Here is a 'family' photo of Joel, Ali, and me (and the only PG photo of Ali from the night)

1 comment:

Alison Monaghan said...

Despite the 118 degree heat, I agree.. Next time is turtleneck or staying home!