10.23.2009

It's a sign...

Today I experienced reason #467 why it is a good thing my friends are having babies and i am not....

Let's start with reason #466 - It would be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for me to decide on a name for it. No way. That decision is way too much pressure and way too permanent. I am in no position to bestow something so permanent upon someone who has no say in it, but will be stuck with it for the rest of his/her life. I had two fish a couple years ago, and I named them Jack and Jill. Oh so original.

Reason #467 - I am physically incapable of purchasing children's clothes. I was in Laughlin for a work event last night/this morning, so on my way out of town, I stopped by the outlet mall to try and pick up some fun things for my niece/nephew, friends' new kiddos and friends' future kiddos. It seriously almost sent me into an anxiety attack. The whole sizing thing is TOO much for me. If I get a 6mo. size now, and Finley JUST turned 6 mos, will he be able to wear throughout the WHOLE winter season? Should I get a 9mo size? What if it's Christmas themed and he doesn't fit into it until January? If I want to get something for Baby J, do I buy a newborn size? What if the baby comes out and it is an unusually big baby that is too big for the new born size? (No, Hill, I don't think your baby is going to be a 17-pounder-or something, but the newborn size look so tiny!!) I know it can't be too pink, but what if it has just a LITTLE bit of pink on it, is that ok? If I buy a 3 month outfit, should it be a winter outfit or a spring outfit?

If I get something for the future camper...will mom like something that is baseball themed? Dinosaur themed? Rockstar themed? They don't really make "I'm mama's lil rock climber" onesies!

So what was my resolution to all of these problems? I put EVERYthing I had picked out down on the nearest rack and bolted. I.cracked.under.pressure.

3 comments:

ccwoods said...

I don't get it either and I'm having a kid. I was always told to buy one size up....or you can just buy socks or random sizes of diapers/wipes. And don't worry about cracking under the pressure, it happens to the best of you.

Hillary said...

You make me laugh! Don't worry, I had a melt down a few months ago for the same reason. I've purchased a few winter newborn sizes hoping she's not too big for them. Rachel assured me she will be THAT small. Goodness I hope so for my sake.

Rachel said...

Just get stuff that is definitely too big! All babies grow, so they will eventually get there. And I had way too much 0-3 month stuff and not enough 9month stuff (which is what he wears now).