6.06.2006

Float trip ...... and knee

friday night we left for lake havasu - driving in the desert can be scary...especially when the girls you are with insist on telling horror stories from their child hood and scary books that they have read....

we woke up at 6:45 on sat morning and met at the grocery store at 7 where we shopped for lunch and beverages. the grocery store probably hasn't got that much action at the crack of dawn since last year's float trip- there were a lot of eager rafters there.

it didn't take long to realize that my raft was inferior to all other rafts...but really i didn't care...it was 8 dollars....and it did the trick.

we sailed away at about 9 in the morning....nutri-grain breakfast bar and michelob ultra light in hand - the breakfast of champs :)

the concentration of tatted bodies and pierced appendages was higher than that of fake body parts in the summerlin 24 hour fitness.....well maybe not really....but there were a LOT of tattoos and a lot of piercings - just a touch of class. i met a guy named monty....he assured me that yes, "you know, as in the full monty." to which i reply, "yes, i am familiar with that movie, and thanks for the clarification."

sunday i slept like a little sunburned baby on the couch for quite some time...it was amazing.
so....about my skinned up knee.....

i woke up this morning to go running before work. I realized that tomorrow is the 6 month anniversary since the LV marathon...and i can barely run 4 miles.

so...in an attempt to rectify that....i decided i would start running again.

side note....since the marathon....i DESPISE running outside...it really just reminds me of that 26.2 miles that i have come to equate to a slow miserable death...my body hated me in training/during the race/when it was over. SO.....running outside kind of makes me want to cry.
i am trying to over come that.

so Blue (my iPod) and I went for a jaunt. just as i am thinking to myself "see this isn't so bad....a little hot, but not terrible."

and then i fell

yes, i fell. i don't know what happened, and thankfully i couldn't ask anyone because no one saw me.

i do know that i rolled my ankle....and skinned up my knee.

sweeeet....my knee resembles that of a 10 year old boy who is learning how to skate board.

No comments: