6.02.2006

Basketball and Float Trip

it's friday...i think i am going to unofficially make friday's my blog day - so while i finish my cream of wheat...and before i get to work.....here it is:

First subject: Basketball

I played basketball last night with some girls, well....like 8 girls and 2 guys...that doesn't really matter, what DOES matter, is that someone had some MAJOR body odor issues. i am not just talking like "oh, someone is kinda smelly out here." i am talking "WHOA....that stink is so bad, i am worried that it might stain my clothes"

after the brief worry that it could be me...i quickly ruled that out...it most definitely was not.

it was the girl i was guarding

awesome
i am guarding smelly girl.......and i think that it affected my shot.

and i thought swimming was the only sport that you timed your breathing - i was wrong - when you are playing with smelly girl....it is important, and rather imperative that you time your inhales - do not breathe in while she is in a 5 foot radius, or for the 3 seconds after she runs past you.

enough of that - because frankly...just talking about it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

second subject: FLOAT TRIP ON SATURDAY

over my lunch hour on tuesday, i went to Wal-mart in search for the perfect float/raft/tube. even though wal-mart is a bad place with under-payed employees who get minimal benefits, and are governed by the "big men" who give a mere .5% of their earnings to charity----and continue to drive out mom-and-pop shops......Wal Mart IS probably the best selection of not-so-expensive floating devices....

I got two rafts: one for me....and one for our cooler :)

My raft:
i feel pretty comfortable with my decision.....i won't be constantly submerged in the water at all times...but if i so choose to lounge in some river water...i think that is possible as well. It also has a cup holder.....duh.

The cooler's raft:
The first one is a little lobster type guy....he is there to carry our cooler of goodies......I thought this would be perfect because I think we can figure out a way to keep some stuff dry on him....

Finally - if you want to read a blog that is even better than mine:
http://www.thecompanybitch.blogspot.com/

No comments: