9.14.2006

Good Morning

that's all it takes, and i am swooning.

i see one decent guy in our office building MAYBE twice a week. And I always say if i see someone on the elevator, i will use my coined pick-up line "oh, E is my favorite elevator" (they go from A to F, and they are all exactly the same)

Well sometimes at 7:55, i don't really feel like using the line, even if i see a cute boy - my morning routine is:
walk from car to building

say hello to EVERY security guard that i see (the security guards that mysteriously know my name without me ever telling them)

ask the parking attendent if he has had that MRI on his back yet (his answer is always "no, next wednesday")

pass the shoe shiner, "hello" "hello, how are you," "i am fine, you?"

get paper from guard by the elevator, say "hello and thank you"

push button for elevator, get on, stay silent, and get off on the tenth floor

BUT....today, i was thrown a fast ball

decent guy gets on elevator

thoughts in my head: "oh my gosh, do i say the line? am i even awake yet? is he cute, or is that still sleep in my eye"

AND HE SAYS "Good morning"

freeze

freeze

AND I SAY "good morning, how are you?"

(yesssss, i have proven my capability to talking like a normal human)

"i am here"

"well that is half the battle"

"but i am a little late"

i look at my watch "well, what time do you have to be here?"

"8"

"well then i think we are on time"

elevator stops on 6th floor.......

at the same time:
"well have a nice day"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the emergency stop button instead. At least he'll almost have to respond to you versus possibly ignoring the E elevator line. Or keep working the shoe shiner as it sounds like you already have something going with him.

Emilie said...

What a hoot!