3.29.2010

Street fairs and airplanes

Last weekend Tucson was a happenin' little big city! It was the spring-time 4th Avenue Street Fair and the annual air show at Davis-Monthan AFB. The weather was a-mazing, and luckily, fortunately Bradley and I were able to get out and experience both events! It was so fun, and reminded me how happy I am to be in a community that has fun things like that to do over the weekend. I am sure there are things like this in Las Vegas, but nothing ever caught my interest.

The most exciting part of the 4th Ave. Street Fair was riding the electric streetcar (trolley). It was only 50 cents - and it was so authentic.

The vendors at the street fair were sub-par, but I still enjoyed being out and about and people watching. The food vendors, however, were amazing. Brad had a smoked beef (I think?) sandwich, and I had a wonderful slice of pizza from Brooklyn Pizza. Yum-O. Here is a shot of the crowd on the street. It was packed!

On Sunday we headed over to the air show. An interesting fact about Bradley...he loooooves airplanes. Anything with an engine, really. His grandfather flew planes in WWII, and Bradley learned a LOT from his grandfather. I will admit that I would never have gone to the airshow by myself, but it was very interesting tagging along with someone who knew what each plane was, what it was used for, where it came from, etc etc etc (more than I could even remember).

We waited in line to check out the inside of an E3 - and much to our surprise, we got to sit in the cockpit! Like a kid in a candy store....

1 comment:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

I have been to more airshows than I can count thanks to an airplane loving father. Careful - they are addicting. Sort of.