7.15.2010

The truth hurts....

My friend Mark told me he had a few suggestions for my blog. I said I wanted to hear them. And this is what I got.

me: so what's your suggestion?
Mark: ah.. you're back
well, im sorry to say this.. but your blog is kinda boring.
its like it was written by that jessi that i knew that never made a disparaging remark about anyone.
me: hahaha
that is because i have to write it with the assumption that the whole world may read it some day
Mark: maybe.. but why would the world want to read that?
its doesn't answer any questions.. doesn't ask me any questions.. doesn't make me think.
im not trying to be mean... but my point is.. you're a lot smarter, a lot funnier and a lot more insightful than your writing would suggest.
Mark: and... now you don't want to talk to me.
me: sorry, someone came into my office
ha. well, i am wondering if this is a backhanded compliment?
honestly, it is just a chance for me to post pictures and let my friends know what i am doing
Mark: probably
me: i don't really use it the other wya
Mark: what do you mean?
me: well, i mean that i only use it as a way to document whati have been doing not what i think, or the sarcastic things i think of other people
i will try harder.

Mark: i do'nt know.. it reads like a postcard to someone's grandma.
Mark: i mean, if you enjoy writing and i know you have opinions... so even if you had a slightly less public forum... its fun to use. i used to throw out editorials to some of my friends from time to time.
me: that is true. maybe i need to invest more time into it
Mark: that's just my 2 cents. i think you're hiding your character.. and i think you can write about more things than your trip to the zoo.
me: wow. please don't hold back
Mark: im not. untapped potential is something that pisses me off. trust me... if i didn't think you were better than that, i would never have said anything.
me: hahaha
well, thanks?

what if i post this conversation on my blog?
Mark: i just don't always have the most tactful way of saying things
i wouldn't mind
me: welp - it's final. this is going on the blog
is there anything you would like to say to my blog friends?
Mark: if they agree with me, they should speak up. but then again, your friends are probably too nice.
me: they are very very nice
nicer than you
Mark: it doesn't take much
but then again.. you know what you're going to get. and i doubt you're angry about what i said about your blog.
me: you're right. i'm not
Mark: but the robot that wrote your blog... she might be, so don't say anything to her.
alright, i'll stop
me: omg

Mark: anyways... for your next post... after exposing me to your wide readership as a jackass... think of some crazy topic that always gets you going... something that pisses you off, something that gets you excited for no good reason and just.. go off about that.
Mark: maybe you could talk about something different between where you are and where you were. or how certain relationships have changed. your weight loss post was good because it revealed something about you.
Mark: or you might do better or be more comfortable expressing your opinion about something that's not too revealing about yourself.

Well blog friends, what do you think? Do you have any topics that you would like to hear about?

1 comment:

courtney said...

who are these "nice" friends you claim to have? did you meet them in Tuscon?